Caprivi Car Hire Namibia!
No quarantine anymore for tourists entering Namibia
At last some positive news! In order to open Namibia once again for international tourism our Tourism minister Pohamba Shifeta announced that travellers to Namibia don’t have to undergo quarantine anymore, but are able to move freely throughout the country.
The previous regulations whereby tourists would have to spend the first seven days of their Namibia holiday in one of the designated quarantine accommodations to await their Covid-19 test results is thus off the table.
The new regulation that will take effect on the 8th September 2020 states the following:
- Only port of entry for international tourists is the Hosea Kutako Airport. Here a negative Covid-19 test has to be presented, which must not be older than 72 hours.
- After arrival at the international airport travellers are allowed to proceed to their booked accommodation and may participated in all activities offered.
- Tourists may continue to their next destination, but have to submit themselves to a test on day 5.
- On the 7th day of travel guests have to be reachable by phone to receive information on their test results.
- Should the test be negative the journey can continue as planned.
- Tourists with positive results will have to travel to a designated facility, where their will receive treatment of international standards at own costs.
We are thrilled about this positive news and the coherent signal towards international tourism, which is infinitely important to Namibia. We now remain hopeful that with this new regulation the situation can ease quickly and that we in tourism can speedily find our way to normality again.
Namibia is made for nature lovers. The most intensive way to experience this land and its people is by doing a self drive tour. Being independent of a set timetable and determining the travel route yourself makes it possible to experience the uniqueness of Namibia. This of course includes a car hire company with German speaking contact persons.
At Caprivi Car Hire you are at the right place – customer care is our highest priority.
Since its establishment in 1996 the company has developed into one of the most innovative car hire agencies in Windhoek/Namibia. Taking over Kessler Car Hire has increased our vehicle fleet substantially. This has also increased vehicle variety and flexibility.
Caprivi Car Hire Fleet
Our fleet consists of Toyota Fortuner SUV 4x4, Toyota Landcruiser 4x4 and the latest editions of Toyota Hilux 4x4 (2017, 2018 and 2019 - these are the new 2.4 GD-6 models). The former 2014 and 2015 model Toyota Hilux D4D’s are now running as budget vehicles.
Budget vehicles have been in service over a longer period of time, have more kilometers on the odo but are still very well maintained, are very safe and economical to book and is aimed at the client with a stretched budget.
The four-wheel drive selection offers adapted solutions for the Namibian infrastructure, as well as all the necessary camping gear. All vehicles are serviced by our own service garage in order to ensure flexibility and the highest security standards.
Namibia’s road network is known as one of the best in Africa. All of Namibia’s main roads are tarred. The majority of the roads are however sand and gravel roads. Our advice for all self driving tours is therefore in the direction of the four-wheel drive, as they have better ground clearance and they offer a more comfortable driving experience, even on poor roads.
We are looking forward to personally greeting you.
Your Caprivi Car Hire team